The birth of a baby is a life changing event. Whether you’re a first time mom or expecting your fourth baby, life will change and evolve once baby arrives. Of course, the birth of a baby is an amazing miracle but the pregnancy and time leading up to the birth is just as important.
A “babymoon” can be just the thing for a couple preparing for the birth of a baby. Today, I am sharing with you 5 reasons why Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada is the perfect location for a “babymoon” or even a girls trip prior to the birth of your baby.
1. Niagara on the Lake is a short drive from Western New York. It is the perfect distance for a weekend getaway, travel expenses are minimal and you’re still close to home in case of emergency.
2. The food is AMAZING. So once you’re over that first trimester morning sickness, chances are you will be feeling great throughout your second trimester. The food is delicious and the options are endless. We love to stay at the Merlot House (a bed and breakfast) and the food is nothing short of incredible!
3. The atmosphere is perfect for getting in some extra rest and relaxation prior to the upcoming birth of your baby. The town is so peaceful and quiet, you’ll be sure to feel at ease.
4. Regardless of season, Niagara-on-the-Lake is pretty much always beautiful. In the fall and winter, it’s the perfect spot to cozy up and enjoy your partner’s company. In the spring and summer, the streets are lined with perfectly manicured and blooming flower gardens.
5. The quaint town has a main street lined with little boutiques where you’ll find some of the cutest baby items. Who can resist adorable baby clothing and accessories?! The Butterfly Gallery is amazing and Hatley is one of my favorite boutiques to browse baby clothes!
Taking the time to relax and rejuvenate prior to the birth of a baby can be really beneficial. Pregnancy can be a trying time, your body is growing a human and at the same time preparing for birth which can be equivalent to training for a marathon. As a doula, I highly recommended taking a little time before the birth of your baby to focus on yourself and/or your partner.
Birth is such an intimate experience and improving the connection between you and your partner is only going to be for the better. Are you planning a babymoon this pregnancy? Share your babymoon plans and of course if you have any questions about visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake feel free to contact me!